Sunday, July 5, 2009

James 2:10

"For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all".

"James 2:10 says if we keep the whole law and yet fail in one part then we are guilty of breaking all of the law. The law is a composite unity and integrated. So if I look at someone with lust in my heart that is not my wife then I have committed adultery and if I hate someone then I have committed murder and even the intent is equal to the crime by the law. No one is justified by the law and no one impresses God by the law indeed no one’s performance impresses God at all. It doesn’t please Him or make Him want to bless you. All the good things you do does not make God want to bless you. That is an Old Covenant law mentality".

Reference: Rob Rufus - "We are God's Workmanship" - City Church International, Hong Kong - 24th May 2009.

No comments: